Monday, December 5, 2011

DESIGNER CRAFTS CONNECTION - FIRST MONDAY IN DECEMBER

CHILLY THE SOCK MONKEY SNOWMAN!



The Designer Crafts Connection was challenged with a Sock Monkey Blog Hop this month and I love to see the creativity that this group shares! AMAZING!

There are basic instructions for making a sock monkey that include the cutting and the sewing of the Rockford Red Heeled Socks and The When Creativity Knocks DVD "Sock Monkeys Go BanAnas" was a fabulous source of inspiration! I was originally going to sew up my sock monkey traditionally, then dress him as a snowman, but then I thought - why not make him an actual snowman?

I sewed the face and ears according to the basic instructions, then sewed on buttons for the eyes, "carrot" nose and mouth. I stuffed the head with a 4" Styrofoam Ball and some fiberfil to round out the head and muzzle. I stuffed the body with a 5" and a 6" Styrofoam Balls, then stitched the bottom closed. I added the red yarn pom pom to the top of his hat, a red felt scarf, the three buttons and CHILLY was born!



My sock monkey package also included a sock monkey stamp.

Rit Dye is a sponsor of this challenge as well, however, I love the brown of the socks so I chose not to dye anything this time.

There’s a contest you can enter until December 19th to win a sock monkey package worth over $40!

Prize pack includes:
■ DVD “Sock Monkeys Go BanAnas"
■ 1 pair of Rockford Red Heeled Socks
■ Sewing kit, including: needle, button eyes, floss and stuffing
■ Plus 1 pre-sewn sock monkey

Here’s how to enter:
1.Go to the When Creativity Knocks website.
2.In the Member Login box click Create An Account.
3.Enter the code: Sock Monkey

I would like to send out a special thank you to all the sponsors of this challenge:
When Creativity Knocks
Rockford Red Heeled Socks
Rit® Brand Dye
Judikins

To view the rest of the creative and imaginative Sock Monkeys please HOP around to the other Designer's blogs by clicking either HOP BACK or HOP FORWARD on the Designer Crafts Connection navigation icon on my right sidebar and ENJOY!

Thanks for stopping by! -Beth

2 comments:

Cindi McGee said...

Cute! Clever twist on the monkey - Love his button face too :0) I love the creative minds of this group - mermaids and snowmen and steampunkies ;0)!

Candice Windham said...

Beth, this is so cool! I love the way you stuffed him to look like a snowman. Your work is always so neat and finished looking (as opposed to being all over the place like mine!). Wouldn't this make a great gift for a child!