Winter is my favorite time of the year, so I created this bright and happy Snowman to decorate my mantel all winter long! I used ALL of my favorite Tombow USA products to accommodate the different surfaces and textures to make my Snowman really come to life! My Snowman was quick and easy to make, so I hope that you will make one, or maybe two – one to keep and one to give away!
Here’s What You Will Need:
- Sizzix Big Shot; Little Sizzles Mat Board – Black (1) and White (4); Scoreboards XL Blocks/Cubes 3D AND Block/Cube/Bank 3D Dies by Eileen Hull.
- Makins Clay – White
- Garnet and Lapis Glitter; Cotton Crocheted Lace – 3” wide by 12’ long; Scrap of Black Craft Foam – 2” by 2”; Buttons – 8 Mini and 5 Small; Ribbons in a variety of blues – six, 24” lengths; Decorative Chalk – Pink OR you can use Blush; Cotton Swab; Scissors; Pencil; Ruler; Rhinestone Snowflake.
Tombow sent me these products to complete my project for the Round 2 of the 2016 Design Team - hope you like it!
Here’s How to Make It:
- Apply lace to four sheets of mat board using Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue, let dry.
- Mold white air dry clay into a ¾” carrot shape, let dry at least 24 hours.
- Die cut two sets of smallest size block from black mat board with die cutting machine. Pre-fold all scores. Color edges and folds with Tombow Dual Brush Pen Black N15. Attach block pieces (according to package directions) with Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive.
- Die cut two sets of the medium, large and extra large size blocks from the lace covered mat board with die cutting machine. TIP: Make sure to place the lace side face down on the die, so the shapes are cut properly. Pre-fold all scores. Gently remove the first layer of the mat board and lace from all six tabs, so the blocks will assemble easily.
- Attach medium, large and extra large block pieces (according to package directions) with Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive. TIP: Spot glue any loose edges of lace with Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue.
- Remove the Heart and Flower die shapes from Scoreboards XL Blocks/Cubes 3D Die. Color front and sides of Heart with Tombow Dual Brush Pen Rubine Red 755, cover with Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue, then sprinkle on garnet glitter. Color front and sides of Flower with Tombow Dual Brush Pen Reflex Blue 493, cover with Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue, then sprinkle on lapis glitter.
- Once carrot nose is dry, color with Tombow Dual Brush Pen Orange 933. Apply “rosy cheeks” with cotton swab and pink chalk. Attach carrot nose, button eyes, button mouth and buttons to front of Snowman with Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue.
- Measure and cut checkered ribbon to fit around smallest block. Attach with Tombow MONO Permanent Adhesive Runner. Attach 2” by 2” craft foam to base of smallest block with Tombow MONO Multi Liquid Glue to create the Snowman’s top hat. Apply snowflake rhinestone to glittered flower, then attach to band of top hat with Tombow Xtreme Tabs. Apply glittered heart to left chest of Snowman with Tombow Xtreme Tabs.
- Gather six different ribbons, knot in center and attach knot to back of Snowman’s head with Tombow Xtreme Tabs. Tie ribbons in a loose knot at the front right of the Snowman’s head, securing with Tombow Xtreme Tabs, then let the ribbons cascade. Trim any long ends of ribbons.I love the texture that the lace gives to the Snowman, it’s so unique! I enjoy pushing the envelope to test the limits of what the Tombow USA products can do, and I am always pleasantly surprised that they perform so well! It is because all of the Tombow USA products are such high quality and so versatile, and I can no longer create without them!Thank you for stopping by! -Beth