Now, on to my project:
- Seven Gypsies School Rulers - Black, White, Light Brown and Dark Brown. They have been retired, but I found them at Simon Says Stamp
- Aleene'® Tacky Glue® by I Love to Create
- Americana Paints by DecoArt - Lamp Black and Chocolate Brown
- Mid-West Products Easy Cutter Ultimate - I got mine at Dick Blick
- Paint Brush, Water Basin, Palette, Paper Towels, Burlap Flower, Vintage Button, Black Twine and Unfinished Wooden Frame - 5" by 7" - Craft Store.
STEP ONE: Paint the unfinished wooden frame with Lamp Black, let dry. Distress the Black and White Ruler pieces with Chocolate Brown, let dry.
STEP TWO: Measure and cut your sections on ruler, then dry fit on the frame. Once you are pleased with the layout then glue all pieces in place with Aleene's Tacky Glue. Set aside to dry.
STEP THREE: Thread black twine through vintage button and tie in a knot. Attach button to flower and burlap flower to frame.
I inserted a piece of dictionary paper with BACK TO SCHOOL written on it and will insert the First Day of School photo when the kids go back in August!
Follow this link to check out all of the Back to School inspiration!
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth