Friday, May 29, 2015

Meet me in the Sunshine Friend - Inspirational Canvas

Good Friday morning and WELCOME to the Tombow USA and Paper Issues Blog Hop!



You probably got here from Paper Issues but if you stumbled across my blog go the Paper Issues Blog to start!

I am not a traditional scrapbooker, card maker or paper crafter, instead I love to work in the Home Dec and three dimensional world of crafting, so on to my PATCHWORK CANVAS project!



Here's how I made it:

The Tombow USA Design Team received the Paper Issues March Swag Bag (monthly mini embellishments kit) and 12x12 paper from Webster's Pages and Crate Paper - YUMMY!  I loved that all of the papers had a similar color scheme and that YELLOW was a reoccurring color, so I decided to cut all of the Swag Bag papers up and create a Patchwork Canvas!




I have been very into creating from my craft stash recently, so I selected an 8" by 8" Walnut Hollow Basswood Canvas and went to town measuring and cutting and piecing the papers together until I was happy with the composition.


Next, squeeze out several dollops of Tombow USA MONO Aqua Liquid Glue on to the canvas, then spread evenly with the notched rubber broad tip.  The MONO Aqua Liquid Glue is acid free and photo safe, so it is PERFECT for applying paper to wood.  And there was no wrinkling or bubbling of the papers - another reason to LOVE Tombow USA products - SCORE!  

TIP:  Since I had so many edges, I burnished them gently with my bone folder to obtain a good adhesion.


Continue to add MONO Aqua Liquid Glue and paper until the front of the canvas is covered.


I wanted a bold contrast for the sides of the canvas, so I selected Webster's Pages These are the Days paper by Megan Hoeppner
Measure and cut four rectangles to fit the sides of the canvas and attach with MONO Aqua Liquid Glue, burnish edges and let dry.


On to embellishing (one of my FAVORITE things!).  My March Swag Bag also contained a yellow printed doily, "I am" chipboard frame, gold button, gold stars and stickers.  Which I paired with Tombow USA 3D Foam Tabs to create a dimensional flower for the corner of my canvas.


I created "leaves" for my flower from additional papers and stickers, then attached them with Tombow USA Adhesive Dots  These Adhesive Dots are colored, so they are easy to see on your work surface, as well as on your projects!


I had these cool Amy Tan foam Thickers in my stash as well and what a fun statement - "meet me in the sunshine friend"  The Paper Issues March Swag Bag was filled with gold stars, hearts and arrows plus two sheets of great stickers and I think that they are the perfect addition to finish off my Patchwork Canvas!


Here is a detail of the finished Flower...


Now on to the FUN STUFF - PRIZES!!


The Tombow USA prize includes: Tombow Mono Adhesive Permanent, NEW Tombow Adhesive Dots, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue and Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue.


The Paper Issues prize: $20 Gift Card to the Paper Issues Shop

To win, visit and comment on the participating blog posts AND go to the Paper Issues Facebook Page and tell us which project was your favorite! You have until May 12 at 11:59 EST to comment. A winner will be picked randomly and announced on May 13, 2015.

Remember to “Like” Tombow USA and Paper Issues on Facebook!

YOUR NEXT STOP IS Kathy Skou

Here is the line up in case you get lost.

YOU ARE HERE  Beth Watson
GO HERE NEXT  Kathy Skou
Tombow USA Blog

THANKS for stopping by!  -Beth

27 comments:

Jennifer McMurtrey said...

Cute project!

Jennifer McMurtrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy Skou said...

So pretty Beth! Love that flower!

Emily said...

This is so cute! I definitely need to try this!

Jennie Garcia said...

Love your patch work wall art! So pretty!

Kim said...

Love what you did for the background of your canvas! I can totally see that as a background for one of my scrapbook layouts! So creative

Leah l'Orange said...

i love me a good mixed media piece, and this would look awesome on a wall to brighten ANY room! thank you for rocking the swag bags and joining the Paper Issues girls for this hop, Beth! :)

Mariangeles M said...

Great project!

Aliki said...

love your project!

Stacie said...

Fun mixed media-- I love all of the color you included!

Anonymous said...

I really like your project. I need to try and branch out a little more into mixed media, A fun wall hanging like this would be so cheery!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow your canvas is amazing! Love all the fun elements!
Sherrie K

Erin Reed said...

fun and bright!!

Lucy E. said...

What an inspirational canvas!
I love all of the papers!

Ruth G said...

So much fun! I love how you created the patchwork with the cards! How wonderful this would be to have hanging on a wall! TFS!

Adri Myburgh said...

I really like the different color square you have glued down one by one, then trying to do a whole sheet at once .... good idea thank you for sharing. Georges block and layout.

Janet's Joy said...

What a creative piece!

KellyG said...

So cool! Especially love the 3d flower you made!

All About Me said...

I love my swag bag. I'd like to try this on a layout.

Diana Fernandez said...

looks fabulous!

Wendy said...

Love the way you took the scrapbooking papers and embellishments into the multimedia world of home décor! Beautiful Art!

Devra said...

What a fun way to use the Swag bag. And that flower! So cool.

Unknown said...

I love this months Swag... What a awesome way useing the Swag.. I Love it!

Mrs. Boom said...

What a beautiful, vibrant project!!!

cghundley said...

Fabulous looking
canvas! Love that
flower.
Carla from Utah

Janis said...

Sensational and creative!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Paper Issues said...

Love to see the different project you came up with using the Swag Bag! Thank you!