Welcome to the Designer Crafts Connection JOY Embroidered Letters Blog Hop!
JOY has a line of high quality embroidered letters, numbers and symbols in a large variety of popular colors, styles and fonts. Available with iron on and self adhesive backings to give you a very wide range of creative applications!
Graduation season is upon us and I have a niece who will be graduating from high school in June. In preparation for her party, I created a Mortarboard Card Box to collect all of the greeting cards and well wishes that she will receive.
The varsity line of 3" letters from JOY was perfect to embellish the mortarboard with RVHS (Riverview High School) and 2015 in her school colors of blue and black - PERFECT!
Here's what you will need:
JOY Varsity 3" Embroidered Self Adhesive Letters and Numbers - RVHS and 2015 - Royal Blue.
Americana Paints by DecoArt - Lamp Black and Sapphire.
Tombow USA MONO Aqua Liquid Glue. Paper Mâché Box - 8" diameter; Royal Blue Embroidery Floss; Black Craft Foam 11" by 17"; Scissor; Ruler; Pencil; Black Brad; Paint Brush; Palette and Water Basin.
Here's how I made it:
1) Base coat outside of box bottom and lid with Lamp Black, let dry. Apply a second coat, if necessary. Base coat inside of box bottom and lid with Sapphire, let dry. Apply a second coat, if necessary.
2) Measure and cut Craft Foam to 10" by 10" square.
3) Attach square to top of box lid with Tombow USA MONO Aqua Liquid Glue, let dry.
4) Create tassel from full skein of embroidery floss. Measure and cut two 6" lengths, tie one around top loop of skein, then remove top paper wrapper. Tie then wrap the other length around to create the top of the tassel. Secure ends with MONO Aqua Liquid Glue. Cut other end with scissors to finish the tassel.
5) Measure center of mortarboard square, then apply the tassel and black brad, securing with MONO Aqua Liquid Glue, let dry.
6) Peel backing paper from self adhesive letters and numbers, then apply to the top and bottom edge of the mortarboard square.
Here is a detail shot of the letters - SHARP!
Place on a table at your party to collect all of the greeting cards and well wishes For the special Graduate!
Now it's time to HOP around to see what the other Designers have created with their JOY Embroidered Letters! Just click on the Hop Forward and Hop Back links in the Designer Crafts Connection navigation box on my right hand sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth