Today is the first Monday in April, so the Designer Crafts Connection is having their monthly blog hop! This months theme is "April Showers Bring May Flowers!" Instead of a traditional flower themed project, I took some creative license and have created my project with flower themed papers and embellishments.
- 8" Round paper mâché box bottom.
- Smoothfoam Eggs - one at 3 1/2", two at 2 7/8" and four at 2 5/16".
- Golden Soft Gel Medium, Paint Brushes.
- Basic Grey - Fresh Cut - Flower Kit; Violet Garden; Gardenia Row; Daisy Patch; Poppy Lane; Vellum Tape Strips.
- Echo Park - Hippity Hoppity - Hippity Stripe; Easter Bunny; Hoppity Journaling; Sticker Accent Pieces.
- Jillibean Soup - Kraft Hexagons (2).
- Maya Road - Vintage Lace Tape in Antique Pink.
- Rhinestones and Pearls - White, Golden Yellow, Light Green and Lavender.
- Ranger Ink - Distress Ink Pad in Antique Linen and Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest.
- Score Tape - 1/4" Double Sided Tape.
- Scissors, Paper Trimmer, Craft Knife, Ruler, Pencil, Paper Shredder, Junk Mail, Tacky Glue.
Here's how I made it:
Cover the bottom of an 8" round paper mache box with teal decorative paper. Crumple and distress with RANGER INK Antique Linen Distress Ink Pad, several decorative papers, then tear and decoupage onto SMOOTHFOAM Eggs with GOLDEN Soft Gel Medium. Allow to dry and decorate your eggs with BASIC GREY and ECHO PARK stickers, borders, washi tapes, rhinestones and pearls.
Cover basket with hexagon kraft paper to give a woven basket look. Trim a row from the hexagon paper, measure the width of the inside of the hexagon and cut a strip from the teal decorative paper. Weave the teal paper through the hexagon paper and attach to the inside of the basket. (note: this is a decorative handle only)
Embellish basket with BASIC GREY Fresh Cut Flower Kit and ECHO PARK Hippity Hoppity Sticker Accents. I needed yellow Easter grass for this basket, but did not have anything yellow I could use, so I took a handful of junk mail from my paper shredder and tinted it using RANGER INK Dylusions Ink Spray in Lemon Zest. Worked like a charm!
I hope you have enjoyed my non-traditional flower themed post!
Now it is time to HOP around to the other Designers Blogs and see what FLOWER inspired projects they are going to share with us - I know I can't wait! Use the HOP FORWARD and HOP BACK links in the DCC icon on the right sidebar to navigate!
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth