Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CAT IN THE HAT COSTUME WITH NORVAL THE FISH CANDY BUCKET



My niece, Lindsay, simply LOVES all of the Dr. Seuss books, so several years ago for Halloween she decided to be the Cat in the Hat. We we trying to figure out what she would carry as a candy bucket and while reading the book, she annouces "Aunt Beth, you need to make me a fishbowl with Norval inside!"

After looking at all of the fishbowls on the market and deciding that glass was not a good option, I noticed the black witches cauldron sitting on my kitchen counter and realized it had the same shape as a fishbowl.

I taped off the handle with blue painter's tape, then base coated the plastic cauldron with Krylon Fusion for Plastic® spray paint in Dover White and let it dry. I then hand sketched a water line and Norval the fish on the side of the now white "fishbowl". I used Americana Paints by DecoArt in Baby Blue for the water and Canyon Orange for Norval. After the paint was dry I inked in the lines with my trusty black Sharpie Marker and Norval just came to life!



Lindsay was so happy that every year I have to make a candy bucket that coordinates with her costume!

Thanks for stopping by! -Beth

No comments: