Friday, March 18, 2011

INSPIRATION & AN ACCIDENT!

I was surfing the Martha Stewart craft website one day and saw these beautiful monogramed coasters and I loved the font. I went out and found the font and downloaded it then printed the lowercase "b" and "w" but I wasn't sure what to do with them, so I pinned them to my inspiration board in my studio. Several weeks later I dumped an entire package of black buttons on the floor and as I was cleaning them up the pile that formed looked like a lowercase "b" - an idea was formed - a button monogram throw pillow! I searched for the right black and white damask fabric and could not find one I like in the right scale, so I stamped the white fabric I purchased with this Classic Fabric Design cling stamp from Hero Arts and Lamp Black Americana acrylic paint from Decoart. I enlarged my "w", cut it out and traced around the outline with a special fabric pen that disappears. Then I went to sewing on my buttons. It didn't take as long as I thought it would and I got caught up on some TV shows that I had saved on my DVR!




I was very pleased with the end result of a project that started out with some lovely typography and a happy accident!

Thanks for stopping by! -Beth

1 comment:

Lynda said...

The black and white fabric and button monogram look so nice. That is amazing that you stamped your own fabric when you couldn't find just the right pattern. Wow. Very creative.