Wishes always remind me of Birthdays - "blow out your candles and make a wish!" - so I have created a mixed media BDAY HANGER that I would like to share today.
MATERIALS & SUPPLIES:
- Vintage Wooden Hanger
- Americiana Paints by DecoArt in Petal Pink and Pistachio Mint
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads by Ranger - Tea Dye
- Scrapbook Papers and Embellishments
- Glitter Paper - Yellow and Orange
- Chipboard letters - HAPPY (upper case) and bday (lower case)
- Shipping Tags - 5
- Paper Punches - 3" Circle; 2 1/2" Scalloped Circle and 1" Circle
- Paper Trimmer
- KOOL TAK™Premium Extreme - 1/2" width
- KOOL TAK™Foam Adhesive Pads - 1/2" by 1/2" by 1/4"
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue™ by I Love To Create
- Ribbon - Pink Gingham - 8" and Yellow Satin - 20"
- Chenille Stem White - one (cut in five 2" lengths)
- Assorted Rinestones, Sequins and Buttons
- Scissors, Pencil, Ruler, 1" Flat Brush, Water Basin, Palette, Bone Folder, Clear Glitter, Sand Paper, 3" Chipboard Circle, Flat Thumb Tacks (2).
1.) Lightly sand the wooden part of the hanger. Dilute Pistachio Mint paint by half with water and paint on hanger to achieve a stained effect, let dry. Once dry distress with Tea Dye ink. Paint chipboard bday letters Petal Pink. This may take several coats, let dry. Paint Tacky Glue on letters, sprinkle with clear glitter and set aside to dry.
2.) Attach striped paper to shipping tags with Premium Extreme double sided adhesive tape, then trim 1/2" from either edge of tag. Punch five 1" circles from orange glitter paper and cut out five "flames" from yellow glitter paper. Layer together with Premium Extreme. Attach flames to candle with 2" sections of chenille stem and Tacky Glue, let dry. Attach bday and flower to front of candles with Tacky Glue, let dry. Lay candles out upside down and attach yellow satin ribbon with Tacky Glue, let dry.
3.) Attach polka dot paper to chipboard letters HAPPY with Premium Extreme, distress edges with Tea Dye. Attach randomly to left side of hanger with Foam Adhesive Pads.
4.) Cut two strips from pastel striped paper 4" by 12" and attach with Premium Extreme to create one 24" length. Fan fold entire length, creasing with bone folder, and attach ends with Premium Extreme to create a tube. Cover 3" chipboard circle with Premium Extreme, gather and push down on tube to form a rosette. Layer an orange gltter paper 3" circle, then a yellow glitter paper 2 1/2" scalloped circle, then cupcake embellishment. Attach to right side of hanger with Foam Adhesive Pads.
5.) Attach yellow satin ribbon with candles to each end of hanger with thumb tacks, cover tacks with buttons or other embellishments. Tie pink gingham ribbon in bow around hanger hook, trim ends. Attach embellishments, sequins and rhinestones to hanger as a finishing touch.
Personalize your HAPPY BDAY hanger with specific colors and/or themes to match a Birthday party OR add the Birthday boy or girl's name!
I hope that you have enjoyed my post for today! Now you can HOP around to all of the DCC Designers to see the WISH themed projects they have created! Just use the navaigation box on the right hand side of my blog to hop forward or hop back!
Thanks for stopping by! -Beth